Plan Scout Visit
Be sure to read all of the information & guidelines in 2012 Scout Plan Your Visit
Planning Your Scout Visit
- Reservations – You should reserve your time at the Preserve as soon as possible. Your program is not reserved until you have submitted the Reservation Form and Basic Program Fee and you have received a confirmation email from the Preserve.
- Fee: See Scout Program Registration Form for fees.
- Parking - The Preserve has limited parking space. Groups not using buses should arrange to carpool to minimize impact on Preserve roads & habitat.
- Recommended clothing: Outerwear suitable for weather (including rain gear); closed shoes (NO sandals or flip flops); Long pants are best. Hats are recommended.
- Scouts who have emergency medication prescribed by a physician for life threatening allergies are required to bring meds to the Preserve for safety reasons! This includes Epi-pens, asthma inhalers, etc. Persons with medication should be identified to staff upon arrival.
- Restrooms: Available at the Learning Shed.
- Water: If your group plans to hike the 1.6 mi trail please plan to bring water bottles (preferably reusable ones!)
- Inclement weather: All appointments for field trips are kept unless the National Weather Service issues a severe weather warning, in which case Preserve staff will contact you. Our trails are designed so that rain even the day of an event will NOT hamper your visit. Please remember that weather conditions at the Preserve may not be the same as at your group’s origination point. If you have any questions, please contact the Education Coordinator at 678-446-5611.
- Snack/lunch: You are welcome to picnic at the Preserve after your program. Please notify staff in advance if you plan to do so.
- Payment of Basic Program Fee is expected with your Reservation. The balance for additional Scouts and/or adults should be paid when you arrive. All fees collected the day of the event should be either a check payable to Pettit Preserve or cash with exact change. Scout Leaders should identify persons who need to pay to staff.
- Staff Contact: Lori Jewell is the Preserve Education Coordinator. If you have any questions about logistics or educational goals for your trip, please contact her at 678-446-5611 or firstname.lastname@example.org.